The District Attorney’s Office is committed to helping victims of crime and vigorously protecting their rights. Through Victim Services, we provide victims with support before, during, and after their cases are processed through the judicial system. Victim Services is dedicated to providing emotional support and services useful and necessary to aid victims throughout the criminal justice process, and to understand their legal rights.
Some of the services include the following:
- Resource and referral assistance
- Court escort and court support
- Assistance with Restitution Affidavit
- Assistance with Alabama Crime Victim’s Compensation Commission application
- Assisting with Victim Impact Statements
- Case Status and case disposition information